Moving is not only stressful and time-consuming task but also expensive experience. But you can save a significant amount of money when you move by some ways. Here are top ten ways to reduce the cost of moving and make the situation affordable without breaking your bank account.
1. Reserve an experienced and registered moving company well in advance. It is because professional moving companies charge less when they are notified in time compared to last minute reservations. Also avoid scheduling your move during the busiest times of the year because moving companies can charge premium amount during these dates.
2. Get multiple moving estimates from different moving companies working in your city and area. If you have more estimates to compare it is certain that you can find real good deal at best market price.
3. Deal with local moving companies. For instance, if you are moving from Delhi to somewhere else, you should get estimates from reputable and experienced movers and packers companies working in Delhi.
4. Consider to pack and unpack belongings yourself instead of hiring professional packers and movers companies. Companies can charge premium amount for their packing and unpacking service.
5. Purchase moving boxes and packing supplies yourself because movers can charge heavy amount for packing supplies and packing service. There are lots of cheap packing supplies to check online. You can get moving boxes at free of cost from your local grocery stores or chemists if you have good conduct with them.
6. Take what you need only. Remember; the less items there are to transport, the lesser the moving cost. Professional packers and movers deicide moving costs depending on how much you have items to shift.
7. Arrange garage sale for those items you will not need to use later or in future. This will not help you only cut down moving costs but also save some money.
8. It is wise to dissemble large parts of the furniture by yourself. Beds, wardrobes, sofa sets, cots, etc can be dissembled. Make sure you keep the nuts, bolts and screws safely in a bag.
9. You can minimize moving costs by getting help from your family and friends. If you have friends and family to help in the packing and loading, you will save money and time as well. If you friends and family are unable to help you allow packers movers to do the job.
10. If you are moving for short distance you can transport some items on your own car. This will also help you reduce moving cost.
I hope ideas mentioned in this article will help you minimize the moving costs.