- Call an old friend, just to say hi.
- Hold a door open for a stranger.
- Invite someone to lunch.
- Compliment someone on his or her appearance.
- Ask a coworker for their opinion on a project.
- Bring cookies to work.
- Let someone cut in during rush hour traffic.
- Leave a waitress or waiter a big tip.
- Tell a cashier to have a nice day.
Call your parents.
- Let someone know you miss them.
- Treat someone to a movie..
- Let a person know you really appreciate them.
- Visit a retirement center.
- Take a child to the zoo.
- Fill up your spouse's car with gas.
- Surprise someone with a small gift.
- Leave a thank-you note for the cleaning staff at work.
- Write a letter to a distant relative.
Tell someone you thought about them the other day.
- Put a dime in a stranger's parking meter before the time expires.
- Bake a cake for a neighbor.
- Send someone flowers to where they work.
- Invite a friend to tea.
- Recommend a good book to someone.
- Donate clothing to a charity.
- Offer an elderly person a ride to where they need to go.
- Bag your own groceries at the checkout counter.
- Give blood.
Offer free baby-sitting to a friend who's really busy or just needs a break.
- Help your neighbor rake leaves or shovel snow. 32.. Offer your seat to someone when there aren't any left.
- Help someone with a heavy load.
- Ask to see a store's manager and comment on the great service.
- Give your place in line at the grocery store to someone who has only a few items.
- Hug someone in your family for no reason.
- Wave to a child in the car next to you.
- Send a thank-you note to your doctor.
- Repeat something nice you heard about someone else.
Leave a joke on someone's answering machine.
- Be a mentor or coach to someone.
- Forgive a loan.
- Fill up the copier machine with paper after you're done using it..
- Tell someone you believe in them.
- Share your umbrella on a rainy day.
- Welcome new neighbors with flowers or a plant.
- Offer to watch a friend's home while they're away.
- Ask someone if they need you to pick up anything while you're out shopping.
- Ask a child to play a board game, and let them win.
Ask an elderly person to tell you about the good old days.
- During bad weather, plan an indoor picnic with the family.
- Buy someone a goldfish and bowl.
- Compliment someone on their cooking and politely ask for a second helping.
- Dance with someone who hasn't been asked.
- Tell someone you mentioned them in your prayers.
- Give children's clothes to another family when your kids outgrow them.
- Deliver extra vegetables from your garden to the whole neighborhood.
- Call your spouse just to say, I love you.
- Call someone's attention to a rainbow or beautiful sunset.
Invite someone to go bowling..
- Figure out someone's half-birthday by adding 182 days, and surprise them with a cake.
- Ask someone about their children.
- Tell someone which quality you like most about them.
- Brush the snow off of the car next to yours.
- Return your shopping cart to the front of the store.
- Encourage someone's dream, no matter how big or small it is.
- Pay for a stranger's cup of coffee without them knowing it.
- Leave a love letter where your partner will find it.
- Ask an older person for their advice.
Offer to take care of someone's pet while they're away.
- Tell a child you're proud of them.
- Visit a sick person, or send them a care package.
- Join a Big Brother or Sister program.
- Leave a piece of candy on a coworker's desk.
- Bring your child to work with you for the afternoon.
- Give someone a recording of their favorite music.
- Email a friend some information about a topic they are especially interested in.
- Give someone a homemade gift.
- Write a poem for someone.
Bake some cookies for your local fire or police department.
- Organize a neighborhood cleanup and have a barbecue afterwards.
- Help a child build a birdhouse or similar project.
- Check in on an old person, just to see if they're okay.
- Ask for the recipe after you eat over at someone's house.
- Personally welcome a new employee at work and offer to take them out for lunch.
- While in a car, ask everyone to buckle up because they are important to you.
- Let someone else eat the last slice of cake or pizza.
- Stop and buy a drink from a kid's lemonade stand.
- Forgive someone when they apologize.
Wave to someone looking for a parking space when you're about to leave a shopping center.
- Send a copy of an old photograph to a childhood friend.
- Leave a pint of your spouse's favorite flavor of ice cream in the freezer with a bow on it.
- Do a household chore that is usually done by someone else in the family.
- Be especially happy for someone when they tell you their good news.
- Compliment a coworker on their role in a successful project.
- Give your spouse a spontaneous back rub at the end of the day.
- Serve someone in your family breakfast in bed.
- Ask someone if they've lost weight.
- Make a donation to a charity in someone's honor.
- Take a child to a ballgame.
And last, but not least...
- Forward this list to your favorite people!
Login to add comments on this post.