Acidity can be described as a condition wherein there is an excess of acid secretion by the gastric glands of stomach. Heartburn and gas formation are the major symptoms of acidity. Our body produces acid to digest the food we eat. However, problem strikes, when it produces more acid than what is required.
It is, then, that the gastric juices move from the stomach, into the lower esophagus, making it dysfunctional. There are a number of reasons that lead to the formation of acidity. In the following lines, we have listed the causes as well as the symptoms of acidity.
Symptoms of Acidity
Common symptoms of acidity are
- Formation of gases in the stomach
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Lingering sour taste in the mouth
- Nausea and vomiting.
Causes of Acidity
The most common causes of acidity are
- Over eating or eating food in wrong times
- Too much intake of refined food
- Not chewing the food properly or eating in a hurry
- Skipping breakfast or meals
Cure for Acidity
There are variety of home remedies and Ayurvedic treatments for acidity control; it is excellent to go for such treatments as they are safe and effective. Keep away from chemical or medicinal acidity treatments as it creates a bundle of extra health troubles.
Using Ayurvedic medicines that can suppress acid creation under the recommendation of healthcare professionals is very effective in treating acidity.
Ayurvedic medicines like Kamdudha Rasa plain are helpful in treating acidity. Avipattikar Churna can be along with water before your every day meal. It is excellent for your bowel movement and is helpful in heartburn treatment or acidity. Narikel lavan is also an excellent remedy to cure hyperacidity.
Home Remedies for Acidity
- Drink 2 glasses of water in empty stomach as soon as you wake up in morning.
- Regular consumption of amla or amalaki (Embelica officinalis) fruit helps to reduce acidity.
- Consume a glass of Kushmanda (Benincasa Hispida ) or ashgourd juice in empty stomach. This cools body and reduces acidity.
- Regularly use buttermilk and cold milk.
- Avoid spicy, deep fried and junk foods.
- Consume fruits like watermelon, papaya and banana after food.
- Tender coconut water also helps to reduce acidity and normalize indigestion.
You should avoid certain things which are:
- Avoid spicy food, pickles, and fermented foods, chocolate.
- Be away from alcohol, hot drinks.
- Cut or reduce citrus or fruit acids
- Avoid wearing tight clothing or belts.
- Keep away smoking otherwise it will aggravate heartburn.
- Never go to bed or lie down immediately after a meal.
- Do not sit hunched over your desk will cause heartburn. Do not fold or bend over.
Login to add comments on this post.