Acidity is a common condition that affects almost everyone, some time or the other. Our stomach secretes gastric acid that is necessary in the process of digestion. Gastric acid, along with pepsin and other enzymes, helps in breaking down the complex matter into simpler substances that can be easily digested by the body. However, if the acid secretion exceeds the normal level, it results in acidity and the acid begins to move upwards, from the stomach into the lower esophagus.
This regurgitation of the excess stomach acid can cause a burning sensation in the chest, normally referred to as heartburn. Other symptoms associated with acid reflux are nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, chest pain, belching and bloating. This is quite an unpleasant condition that causes a lot of discomfort, however, some home remedies for acidity problem can come to your rescue.
Causes of Acidity
1) Acidity is mainly cause due to the bad eating habits. Eating spicy and processed fried foods all the time puts excess stress on stomach, liver and kidneys which causes over emission of the gastric juices thus principal to acidity.
2) Eating the food rapidly causes rude salivation of food in the mouth as a result the food finds acute shortage of saliva which is wanted for good and complete digestion.
3) Acidity is also caused due to medical circumstances such as stomach ulcers and gastoesophageal reflux diseases (GERD). 4) Excess secretion of hormones by the thyroid glands causes acidity circuitously and the circumstance is known as "Hyperthyroidism". Acidity Symptoms
- Loss of appetite, Nausea
- Prolonged heartburn
- Chest pain, Inflammation in chest
- Vomiting, Bitter taste in mouth
- Gastro-esophageal acid reflux
The two circumstances are caused by ingestion of heavy, rich, spicy, diet, heavily laden with ghee or oil. It can also be triggered by eating food hastily.
Those who drink and smoke heavily also suffer from acidity and heartburn, in adding to flatulence, colic and general dyspepsia.
Medical the public is always contrasting to the natural approaches to treating diseases, as it is a business of billions.
The allopathic medicine manufacture hospitals and insurance company will never like to loose these big business opportunities.
Precaution for Acidity
Do not eat just before going to bed.
Avoid raw salad of vegetables like onion, cabbage, radish, and peppers.
Drink plenty of water.
Chew the food properly. Do not eat in hurry.
Home Remedies to get rid of Acidity
Drink coconut water daily to fight acidity.
Add sugar in cold water, and consume it regularly so that the level of acidity comes down immediately.
The decoction of barley with honey can be taken for acidity twice daily for relief.
Taking radish with or without carrots and tomatoes eliminates acidity.
Taking radish with black pepper sprinkled on it at meal time improves digestion and eliminates acidity.
Prop your bed up and elevate the pillow to prevent the dripping for half an hour for relief of acidity.
Chew one or two cloves after meals to get relief from acidity.
Take half teaspoonful of Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) well mixed in two teaspoonful of pure honey thrice a day for a sure and sustained relief of acidity.
To get rid of acidity; drink a glass of milk to which a pinch of soda bicarb has been added.
Chew basil (Tulsi) leaves to get relief from burning and acidity.
Every hour keep a small piece of jaggery in the mouth and slowly suck it. Acidity subsides.
Now and then eat almonds to avoid from acidity.
Login to add comments on this post.