Acne is a skin disorder that occurs due to excess production of oil in the glands and hormonal changes. Acne usually leaves behind scars on the skin which cannot be removed that easily. Mild acne scars can heal without any treatment. They can be effectively treated with home remedies. Whereas scars that are deep remain for the entire life and it is always better to consult a dermatologist for deep scars. Home remedies must be constantly applied on the scars for it to disappear over a period of time.
Prevent acne scars
To prevent acne scars, you need to reduce the amount of breakouts as much as possible. You can do this by:
- Seeing a dermatologist and getting prescription strength cleansers and antibiotics;
- Keeping your skin clean and oil-free;
- Resist the urge to squeeze your pimples as this spreads infection;
- Picking "scabs" off of old pimples; and
- Eating a healthy diet that gives your skin the nutrients it needs for growth and healing.
Home Remedies for Acne
- Mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon of lime juice for treating pimples and this is one of the best home remedies for acne.
- Apply fresh lime juice mixed with a half glass of boiled milk for treating pimples, blackheads and cracked skin.
- To make good acne remedy take 2 tablespoon of white sugar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and wet a little and rub face .
- One more good home remedy for acne is to apply ripe tomatoes paste on pimples and wash it after keeping for an hour.
- Saturate lettuce leaves in water, use this water to rinse acne as this is a good natural remedy for acne.
- Apply fresh mint juice every night to cure acne as this is a good home remedy for acne
- Drink a glass of wheat grass juice daily to remove acne.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice, keep it for 30 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. This is another good home remedy for acne
- Apply a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves in water, keep it overnight and wash the face with warm water next morning.
- Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions and apply every night after thoroughly washing the face. Keep it for 30 minutes and then again wash the face and pat dry. This is one of the effective home remedies for Acne
- Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomegranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over the affected parts. This is another effective acne home remedy.
Login to add comments on this post.