Alcoholism is a behavior in which a person got too much addicted to alcohol. This behavior or ill habit that soon takes a shape of a painful disease that kills both physical as well as the mental health of a person. There can be a plenty of reason for a person getting addicted to alcohol. It can be due to loss in business, heart break, sudden demise of dear one, fashion, just for the sake of doing it because people around him is doing, and many other reasons.
Person suffering from certain diseases like depression, schizophrenia also starts depending upon alcohol. A person addicted to alcohol finds really difficult in getting away from this disease. There are various home remedies, herbs that help in the treatment of alcoholism. However, it is said that no medicine can be effective until the patient himself is willing to improve and change. This article is all about the effective home remedies for treating alcoholism.
Home Remedies For Alcoholism
- The best treatment of alcoholism comprises of an exclusive diet of grapes for a month.
- Alcoholics can resort to consuming apples, in large quantities, in order to remove the intoxication from their body. This would prove beneficial in treating alcoholism.
- Another option is to rub 4 to 5 dates in half a glass of water. Drink this concoction twice a day. It would act favorably in treating alcoholism.
- Take out the juice of the leaves of bitter gourd. Have three teaspoons of the juice, with one glass of buttermilk, every morning, on an empty stomach. This will be effective in treating alcoholism.
- A healthy body is the precursor to good resistance power. Alcoholics should be given a healthy and nutritious diet, consisting of wholegrain cereals, nuts, seeds, sprouts, fresh fruits and vegetables. It would help avert the longing for stimulants like alcohol. This would, in turn, treat alcoholism.
- Drinking fruit or vegetable juices and having candies or snacks, especially at the time of longing, will help curb the craving for alcohol.
- Another way to treat alcoholism is to intake half a glass of raw celery juice, mixed with an equal amount of water, once in a day. Keep repeating this for at least a month.
- Carrot juice helps reduce the urge to consume alcohol. Having a glass of carrot juice, whenever there is an urge to drink, will prove helpful in treating alcoholism.
- Lemon juice and orange juice have also been found helpful in preventing the yearning for alcohol. Drink one glass of each, on a daily basis.
- Banana is another food item that has been found beneficial in treating anemia. Have at least one on a daily basis.
Login to add comments on this post.