Appendicitis is a provocative condition of the appendix. The risk of developing this disease is more in the initial years within 10 to 30 years. When left untreated, this can burst and cause infection and also lead to death. Generally, it is cured by surgery. This is a simple surgery and so people can normalize within 2 weeks. Waste accumulation in the caecum also causes appendicitis as it becomes infected. People suffering with constipation problem encounter appendicitis.
What causes appendicitis?
Obstruction of the appendiceal lumen causes appendicitis. Mucus backs up in the appendiceal lumen, causing bacteria that normally live inside the appendix to multiply. As a result, the appendix swells and becomes infected. Sources of obstruction include
- Feces, parasites, or growths that clog the appendiceal lumen
- Enlarged lymph tissue in the wall of the appendix, caused by infection in the gastrointestinal tract or elsewhere in the body
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Trauma to the abdomen
An inflamed appendix will likely burst if not removed. Bursting spreads infection throughout the abdomen—a potentially dangerous condition called peritonitis.
Home Remedies for Appendicitis
The natural cure for appendicitis is as follows:
- Fenugreek seeds are used to make tea as they help to prevent the appendix from collecting the excess mucus and intestinal waste.
- This tea is prepared by putting 1 teaspoon seeds in a litre of cold water and allowing it to boil under low flame and then strain the tea.
- Green gram can be taken in small quantities of 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
- Cucumber and beet juices each 100 ml in 300ml of carrot juice can be taken twice a day.
- Ginger and Garlic juice will help in reducing the swelling or can be eaten in raw form.
- Honey and lemon juice in equal quantities can be taken.
- Buttermilk is very useful for the treatment of chronic appendicitis.
Many vegetable juices are valuable in providing relieve in case of having a problem of appendicitis. 100 ml of beet juice and 100 ml of cucumber juice if mixes with 300 ml of carrot juice then it will prove a beneficial combination. If you take this combination of juice two times a day, it will prove beneficial in providing relieve.
Water is the basic need of every person. Whenever you feel pain, at that time try to drink good amount of water as drinking good amount of water can prove helpful at that time when patient is suffering from chronic pain.
Login to add comments on this post.