Baldness, also known as alopecia, is hair loss, or absence of hair. Baldness is usually most noticeable on the scalp, but can occur anywhere on the body where hair grows. The condition is more common in men than in women.
Causes of Baldness
The most important cause of loss of hair is inadequate nutrition. Even a partial lack of almost any nutrient may cause hair to fall. Some of the common causes of Baldness are :-
- Family history of baldness.
- Stress such as worry, anxiety.
- Iron deficiency.
- Exposure to chemicals such as those used to purify swimming pools, bleach, dye, and perm hair.
- Skin disease.
Home Remedies for Baldness
Here are some home remedies cures for baldness and hair loss.
- Take 4 parts of Bhringaraj, 3 parts of Jatamamsi and 5 parts of Dashamoola. Mix all ingredients with hot goat milk and then boil this mixture. Drinking this milk everyday before going to bed at night helps in reducing hair loss or baldness.
- Amla oil is considered very useful in treating hair loss. Mix equal quantity of fresh amla juice and lime juice and use this as a hair shampoo. It prevents baldness.
- Take a little amount of honey and a few drops of kanta karika juice. Mix both of ingredients very well and apply this mixture over the scalp.
- Mix 4 tbsp of yoghurt and 4 tbsp of camphor lotion. Apply it on the head, leave it to soak for 2-3 hours then wash off with lukewarm water.
- The easiest and the cheapest solution is to grow the remaining hair, and then to restyle it to cover the baldness affected areas.
- Conditioning the hair would give body to the hair; but these methods can be resorted to only in mild cases of baldness.
- Rubbing a slice of lemon the bald patches for a month or two will restore the growth of hair.
- Fresh juice of leaves of Amaranth is another valuable remedy for hair loss.
- Mixture of the powder of black pepper, onion and salt is rubbed on the bald patches to check the infection of ringworms.
- Massaging the scalp with aloe vera gel or coconut milk is effective remedy for hair loss and treating baldness.
Diet for Baldness
Hair growth depends on diet. The nutrients that we take through our diet give way to healthy and strong hairs. Person should take vital nutrients as diet. He should eat god amount of nuts, grains, fruits, vegetables, and seeds as they are supplier of nutrients. Honey, milk, wheat germ, yeasts, liver and vegetable oil are also good diet.
Login to add comments on this post.