Bitter melon is a valuable herb gifted to us by Mother Nature. It is also commonly known as bitter gourd, bitter cucumber, karolla and karela. It is rich in iron, beta-carotene and potassium. It also contains Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and C, phosphorous and fiber.
Benefits of Bitter Melon
• Bitter melon is worldwide known for its effectiveness in treating diabetes. Bitter melon chemically contains a compound that is very much similar to insulin and sometimes also referred as p-insulin. Researches have shown that when it is taken continuously for some period has the ability to substitute the insulin in the body. It also contains steroidal saponins called charantin, peptides similar to that of peptides and certain alkaloids that effectively control sugar level in blood.
• Bitter melon is also good digestive agent and helps in stimulating the secretion of gastric juices. It is very helpful in stimulating liver for secretion of bile juices that are very essential for metabolism of fats. It helps in improving the peristaltic movements hence it is very helpful in avoiding gastric disturbances.
• Taking bitter melon juice also helps in the treatment of constipation. Constipation is mainly caused due to faulty eating habits and unhealthy dietary practices. Bitter melon not only relives from the indigestive condition but also helps in combating the constipation. It improves peristaltic movements of gastro intestinal tract and also improves the absorption in the intestines.
Bitter Melon Recipes for Treating Diabetes
Bitter Melon Juice
• Wash the bitter melon leaves and chop them • Add 6 tablespoon of the chopped leaves in 2 glass of water • Boil it for approximately 15 minutes in a uncovered pot • Allow it to cool and then strain • Drink 1/3 cup of it thrice a day
Above recipe is found to be very effective in the treatment of diabetes type 2. If taken regularly will make your sugar level under control. It is the most effective natural way to cure diabetes.
Bitter Melon with Egg
• Cut a bitter melon in lengthwise, scoop and scrap the inner white pulp leaving only the outer green parts. • Now finely cut the bitter melon. Pour a lot of salt to them and leave them for a while to get rid of its bitterness. • Rinse thoroughly to remove the salt. Fry it with garlic, anchovies and knock two eggs to make a dish.
Above dish is very beneficial, especially for those with diabetes. Bitter melon is an herb with lot more health benefits other than treating just diabetes.
Bitter melon is used in solving menstruation problems in girls. It is also used in the treatment of sores, eczema, leprosy and large wounds. It is also used to cure hypertension, malaria, fevers and headaches. It also has good results in expelling worms and parasites in adults and children if taken internally. It is also effective against numerous viruses, herpes and HIV viruses.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Login to add comments on this post.