Boils are nothing, but a skin disease, caused by the infection of hair follicles. The problem is usually caused by Staphylococcus, a strain of bacterium that normally lives on the skin surface. While some boils which come and fade away on their own, without causing any trouble, others last a long time and cause pain and irritation. Face, shoulders, back, buttocks and underarms are the regions where boils usually occur. Boils do not come instantly.
At first, the affected area becomes red and soft. There may be an itching sensation as well. Slowly, the boil begins to form. The bacteria that cause boils might also mix with the white blood cells, resulting in the formation of pus. Boils can be cured using some home remedies. Not only do they provide instant relief but also remove the boil completely.
Causes of boils
Many things can cause a boil. They include:
- Ingrown hair.
- Result of a splinter or other foreign material that gets lodged in the skin.
- Plugged sweat glands that become infected.
- Any break in the skin, even a small cut or scrape, can develop into an abscess, which can become infected with bacteria.
Now that we have discussed boils and their causes, it is important to go over how to best treat a boil.
Treating Skin Boil Infections
- This remedy is one of the good home remedy for boil using Red clover, nettle and sassafras tea : This brew purifies the system. This will help in curing boil.
- This remedy is one of the good home remedy for boil using Honey : Apply warm honey, honey and oil – wheat germ for preference - or honey, fresh fig and thyme simmered together or dip half a fresh fig in honey and apply it cut side down. This will prevent boil.
- This remedy is one of the good home remedy for boil using Comfrey Pulp : the leaves with honey and garlic and apply. This will completely remove boil.
- This is natural remedy for boil using Lemon : Apply half a lemon cut side down. This will help in reducing boil.
- This is simple home remedy for boil using Fenugreek : Apply a poultice of crushed fenugreek seeds which have been boiled in water for 10 minutes. This is beneficial for the treatment of boil.
Diet for Boils Treatment
- Include food items that are fibrous in nature along with plenty of water in diet as treatment for boils.
- Avoid intake of food like white bread and sugar.
- Consume foods that are rich in Vitamin A and Zinc. Zinc helps in rapid healing of the skin. You may take in food items like squash and sweet potatoes for vitamin A and oysters and seeds of sunflower for zinc.
- Vegetable juice of carrot and celery will help your body to get rid of toxic substances.
- You may also eat melons to detox your blood
- You must avoid having fatty and sour food items
Login to add comments on this post.