The causes of anemia are nutritional deficiency, ulcer, crohn's disease, pregnancy etc. know the home remedies for anemia.
Anemia is more of a condition than a disease. A person is called anemic when his or her red blood cells (RBC) count is abnormally low and there is a dearth of oxygen supply to the various parts of body. Hemoglobin, a complex molecule, contained in red blood cells, serves as the oxygen carrier. When RBC count drops, the hemoglobin content in RBC also reduces and the body tissues do not get enough of the nourishing oxygen.
An anemic may have the following symptoms: pale skin, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, ringing in the ears, weakness, headache, swelling of tongue and mouth, confusion, irritability, numbness, memory loss and restless leg syndrome. The causes of anemia may be listed as follows:
1. Nutritional deficiency - Iron, vitamin B12 and Folic acid deficiencies lead to anemia. In case of iron deficiency, the red blood cells shrink for the body does not have sufficient iron to make hemoglobin. In case of Vitamin B12 and Folic acid deficiency, the red blood cells become over sized and cannot pass through veins and vessels. Vitamin B12 deficiency also causes easy death of Red blood cells.
Malfunctions of body such as incapacity to make or use hemoglobin resulting in sideroblastic anemia, hereditary structural defect of red blood cells resulting in Sickle cell anemia, and early destruction of red blood cells resulting in hemolytic anemia.
Home Remedies for Anemia
- Cooking in iron pots undoubtedly increases the iron content in food and does away with anemia.
- Consuming bananas in plenty checks the occurrence of anemia. Mashed ripe bananas mixed with little honey can prove very useful.
- Sun bath is beneficial for anemic, for it increases the production of red blood cells.
- Drinking a decoction prepared by adding a combination of 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoon black strap molasses in a cup of water cures anemia.
- Consuming beet root juice or beet root as cooked vegetable or in salad is highly beneficial in treating anemia.
- One may soak 6-7 almonds in water overnight. In the morning, one needs to take them out of water, peel off the skin, make a paste and consume the paste. This is a helpful anemia cure.
- Consumption of 2-3 apples a day keeps anemia at bay.
- Tomato juice treats anemia effectively.
- A balanced diet consisting of cereals, pasta, rice, dry beans, eggs, meat, fish, milk, cheese, nuts and vegetables should be consumed.
- Vitamin C helps the body to absorb iron. Therefore consumption of citrus fruits like lemons, oranges etc should be increased.
- Vitamin B12 rich animal protein and organic meat like kidney and liver can cure anemia.
- Food items rich in iron content like livers, oysters, lentil molasses, prunes, beet root, bran flake, brown rice, dried fruits, green leafy vegetables etc are very helpful in dealing with anemia.
Login to add comments on this post.