Cholesterol is a soft, waxy substance found among the lipids (fats) in the bloodstream and in all cells of the body. It helps to form cell membranes and some hormones, and performs other functions necessary in a healthy body. Cholesterol and other fats don’t dissolve in the blood, and are transported to and from cells by special carriers called lipoproteins. Those of significance are low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
Symptoms of Cholesterol Although you may not know that you have high cholesterol, the good news is that it is normally found when doing your routine screenings. If you have it in your family history, then it is more common that you are likely to end up with it. If you have diets that are high in saturated fat, then you also have an increased chance of getting it as well. Besides that, there are no symptoms of high cholesterol. Later on in life, you could have heart problems and things like that. However, these are symptoms that normally come too little too late. That is why it is important to watch your cholesterol intake. Eating things like bacon is not good for people with high cholesterol.
- To lessen the cholesterol, take cold hip bath twice every day. This technique has been proved to give positive effects if followed on a regular basis.
- Make a habit to eat every morning a single piece of garlic alone. This procedure takes time but is very effective in treating cholesterol.
- Consume dry fruits like almonds and walnuts daily.
- Take half lemon and one spoonful of honey and add them to a glass of hot water. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach. This helps in lowering and maintaining the cholesterol level that is needed for the body.
- Some studies show that regular exercise will reduce the cholesterol level. Walking is the best exercise one can follow easily.
- Try to add more of fibrous food, fish oil, soy and garlic in your daily diet.
- Last but not the least you need to adapt a habit of drinking more of water. Water will push out the toxics present in your body which got build up from the arteries.
Some dietary treatment, which can be carried out at home to reduce the cholesterol build up in the arteries are: 1. Avoid eating ice creams, chocolates, red meats and all other junk foods. They contain high amount of calories. Maintain a diary of your daily intake and correct yourself when you are taking more cholesterol containing items. 2. Groundnut oil contains more cholesterol, so avoid it. 3. Avoid buffalo dairy products and fat containing food items like fried food. Cow's dairy products are good for health. 4. Soy and soy products are beneficial in terms of health and cholesterol control. 5. Green leafy vegetables and fruits are most necessary contents for the body. 6. Avoid alcohol and smoking. They spoil the maintenance of cholesterol. 7. Avoid food items that contain animal fat.
Login to add comments on this post.