Constipation is a very painful and embarrassing condition that affects many people on a daily basis. Patient experiences abdominal pain and bloated feeling. Before looking for some remedies and treatments to cure constipation, it is important to know the behind cause of constipation.
Normally, the muscles in a person’s colon push the solid waste material along so it can be excreted. But, when a person is suffering from constipation, the muscles sometimes don't move the waste. Either they don't work at all, or they don't work efficiently.
Symptoms of Constipation
Although the symptoms of constipation may vary with person but some common symptoms of constipation are:
Hard and dry stools
Straining too much to pass stools
Painful bowel movement
Feeling of bloated stomach
Uneasiness and sluggishness
Feeling of incomplete evacuation
Home Remedies for Constipation
- Drink humid water mixed with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and half a lemon juice each morning on an empty stomach.
- Another useful home remedy for constipation is to drink lemon juice mixed with warm water 2-3 times a day.
- Immerse 10-12 big raisins in a cup of milk and bring to boil, first eat the raisins then drink the milk.
- Pears are also found valuable in the treatment of constipation. Patients suffering from chronic constipation must include this fruit or its juice for a few days, but in usual cases, a medium-sized pear taken after dinner or with breakfast will have the preferred effect.
- Guava is helpful in treating your constipation. When eaten with seeds, it offers roughage to the diet and helps in the usual evacuation of the bowels. So a person suffering from constipation must take 1-2 guavas every day.
- Mix 2 teaspoon husk seed (Isabgol) in 1/2 a cup of hot milk and drink instantly. This is an effective home remedy for constipation.
Diet for Constipation
Eat fruits and vegetables rich in fiber and also include non-dehydrated fluids in your diet. You should drink 6 to 8 glasses of purified water each day to encourage a healthy bowel. Adding lots of water is always beneficial for constipation sufferers.
Login to add comments on this post.