Dandruff is a widely popular problem of the hair and can be a source of considerable damage to one's hair. This is why it is important to take the possible measures necessary for getting rid of dandruff. If you want to control your dandruff problem, there are many ways of doing so. You can control your dandruff naturally or can also use other treatments for your dandruff.
Causes of Dandruff
A deficiency of nutrients especially zinc, B vitamins or certain types of fats increases your chance of having dandruff.
Various Skin Problems:
Various skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis can also cause dandruff to form.
A Yeast-Like Fungus:
This fungus, called Malassezia, lives on the scalps of most healthy adults without causing problems. However, sometimes it grows out of control, irritating the skin on your scalp and causing flaky white dandruff to form.
• Prepare a mixture of sandalwood oil and fresh lemon juice. Apply the same on the scalp and wash after half an hour.
• Green gram powder or amla powder is good for washing hair. Best results can be achieved by mixing green gram in curd.
• Massaging hair with coconut or castor oil twice or thrice a week is also beneficial.
• Mix lemon juice with vinegar and apply on the scalp. Massage well with this mixture and let it stay for about half an hour.
• Hot towel treatment also works well. Just dip a towel in hot water, squeeze extra water and then place the towel on the scalp.
• Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Next morning blend it to a smooth paste and apply on scalp. Leave it for fifteen minutes and then wash it with a good shampoo containing natural ingredients.
• Apply a mixture of olive oil and ginger root an hour before shampooing.
• Egg pack is also a good cure. Beat egg mixture with water and apply it on the scalp. Leave it for ten minutes and then rinse off.
• Avoid alcohol based shampoos, conditioners, and styling products.
• Apart from that there are blood purifying liquids like khadiraarista and saaribaadyaasavam that control dandruff.
• Rub aloe vera gel on the scalp and leave it overnight.
• Boil neem leaves in water and rinse hair with that water.
• Mix few drops of tea tree oil in hot water and massage with the produced mixture.
• Other ayurvedic medicines that are known for treating dandruff are brihat haridra khand, durdurpatraadi tailam, and gandhaka rasaayan.
Protein Rich Food
Protein is essential for proper body function, hair growth and healing so its important to maintain a high protein diet coming from rich natural sources like lean meat's, fish and beans.
Greens are probably the most important to the health of your skin and scalp and not only will it put your body in a more alkaline state it will increase your water consumption which will also help your dandruff.
Modern diets are filled with refined sugars and white flour and fatty foods and it’s these types of foods that put our bodies out of balance and actually promote the growth of dandruff. By increasing our green vegetable intake we can switch our bodies from an acidic state to a more alkaline for much healthy moisturized skin.
Login to add comments on this post.