A person usually suffers from acne due to hormonal changes related with puberty or blood impurities. But the reason may vary from person to person. Normally, acne goes away in a couple of days, but if the person does not take enough care, it may leave a lifelong scar behind.
The beauty and cosmetic market claims their acne products to be the best to cure acne. With their promises, youngsters are putting a lot of money in these acne products, but left with disappointing results. There are several natural treatments that are very effective in treating your acne. Below is a list of the best methods known to fight with acne:-
Home treatment for acne
• Rub the peel of an orange onto the acne affected area so that its juices moisten them completely. Repeat this procedure several times a day to reduce and even eliminate the acne.
• Take a single seed of jambula fruit (Indian Plum) and put it in water. When the seed is sufficiently wet, rub it thoroughly on the areas where pimples are present. This remedy is especially beneficial for the pimples that occur in adolescence.
• Mix 10 grams of the powder of chana (Cicer arietinum) and 10 grams of turmeric (Curcuma longa) in curds. Apply this paste onto the skin. Wash it off when it dries. Continue this treatment for a week. It is very effective treatment for acne.
• Mash a ripe pumpkin thoroughly and rub it over the face for a long time. Keep it on the face for 15-20 minutes. You will feel the skin drying up and stretching. This is when you must wash the face and then wipe it dry. Then apply coconut or mustard oil onto the face. Do this for a week on a daily basis. This will help you to get rid of acne and makes your skin smooth.
• Prepare an infusion of the leaves of the Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) and apply it regularly on the face. The infusion is prepared by taking 2-4 teaspoons of dried basil leaves in a cupful of water, bring it to a boil and then cool it for use.
Herbal Treatment for Acne
• Garlic is very beneficial for acne sufferers. Gently rub raw garlic on the acne spot. It not only reduces the inflammation but also is very effective in fading away the scar that is generally left after the acne vanishes.
• Apply fenugreek (methi) paste onto the pimples or the black head. Leave it for an hour. After that washed it thoroughly with water or aloe vera juice.
• Take triphala powder daily. It is also very effective in treating acne caused due to metabolic disturbances.
• Drink either wheat grass juice or aloe-vera juice. They are highly recommended in preventing acne.
Do's and Don't for Acne
• Drinks lot of water (8-10 glasses of water daily) • Avoid chemical based cosmetics • Do not eat spicy, heavy or junk food • Sleep at least 8 hours a day • Keep yourself stress free
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. Nick Mutt is an active writer on alternative health and has published many ebooks on natural health. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Login to add comments on this post.
- Guest 9 years agoNicotinamide (also known as Niacinamide) applied topically, is beneficial for reducing Acne, Skin hyper-pigmentation (acne scars), increasing skin moisture and reducing fine wrinkles. Scientists at NY University College of Medicine have shown that Niacinamide is superior to antibiotics such as Clindamycin in controlling acne. Use "Niapads" (Nicotinamide acne pads) for controlling your acne. It’s Simple for Pimple(C). One step process provides exfoliation, pore cleansing, prevention of Acne and Skin Lightening (acne scars). Visit www.niapads.com for details. Free shipping to all US and Canada.