Hair fall is a very common problem among men and women. Strands of hair fall every time we brush or wash it. It is actually normal to shed some strands in a day but some people have excessive hair fall or loss.
An immediate solution that comes into our mind is the use of shampoo that promises to control hair fall. For some shampoos do work; for others, they don’t.
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Fall
- Regular scalp massages with hot oil treatments is one of the best natural home remedies for Hair Fall control. Warm coconut oil is highly recommended for this purpose as it promotes hair growth.
- Application of coconut milk on scalp for at least half an hour also serves as a good Hair Fall home remedy. Jojoba oil, almond oil and emu oil are also beneficial in this regard.
- A combination Indian gooseberry oil and coconut oil taken in equal quantities and mixed with a tablespoon of lemon juice is an effective natural cure for Hair Fall home treatment.
- Apply this mixture on scalp during night time and rinse it off in the morning. Similarly, you can use a mixture prepared by boiling some pieces of Indian gooseberry fruit in half a cup of coconut oil.
- Washing the hair with a decoction prepared from neem leaves works as an effective home remedy to stop Hair Fall.
- Applying apple cider vinegar on scalp for about 15 minutes is useful in restoring acid-alkaline balance and hence preventing Hair Fall.
- Regularly having wheatgrass juice for at least one and a half months helps reduce Hair Fall naturally.
- Washing the hair with herbal decoctions like that of licorice, sage, rosemary, catnip, geranium leaves etc is helpful in getting rid of this problem in a natural way.
- Alternatively, you can add licorice or sage extracts in your shampoo. You can prepare a herbal infusion by boiling two tablespoons each of willow bark and burdock root in a liter of water for approximately 10 minutes and massage it on scalp about 2-3 times per week.
- Applying juice extracted from green coriander leaves is a highly beneficial natural remedy for Hair Fall control. You can also drink a mixture of alfalfa juice and coriander juice.
Diet for Hair Fall When dealing with Hair Fall, it is essential to take a proper and nutritious diet consisting of a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds etc. Eat alfalfa sprouts asparagus, yogurt, cucumber, cabbage, beetroots, beans, spinach, soya, almonds and other such healthy foods rich in iron, protein and calcium.
Moreover, drink adequate amount of water at regular intervals throughout the day. You can also have coconut water, gooseberry juice and dairy products
Apart from adopting the dietary suggestions and natural home remedies for Hair Fall, follow certain tips for controlling Hair Fall. For instance, do not comb your hair when wet, do not use hot water for washing hair, avoid using strong chemical shampoos and hair styling products, avoid using hair dryers and protect your hair from dust and sun exposure, manage stress and take adequate rest.
Login to add comments on this post.