Hiatal hernia is the upward distension of the stomach, where part of the stomach shifts upward into the esophagus through the diaphragm. Hiatal hernia has most of the same symptoms as acid reflux disease or heartburn.
Some of the Symptoms Include: 1. Heartburn 2. Vomiting 3. Sore Throat 4. Chest pain 5. Hoarseness 6. Regurgitation
Some Natural Remedies to treat Hiatal Hernia
Aloe Vera Juice: Aloe vera juice is excellent remedy for digestion problem, which is the major reason to hiatal hernia. Before taking meal drink a glass of aloe vera juice to get effective remedy in hiatal hernia. Aloe vera juice is also very effective in other gastrointestinal diseases.
Evening Primrose Oil: For treatment of hiatal hernia evening primrose oil in supplement form is also very effective. Evening primrose oil contains fatty acids that help in digestion and reduce inflammation in the stomach and esophagus. A dosage of 1000 mg to 2000mg of evening primrose oil supplement is recommended.
Digestive Enzyme Supplements: Add supplement form of digestive enzymes in your diet. This will increase enzymes in the body. For effective results, take this supplement an hour before eating any meal. It is recommended to take 1000 mg of digestive enzyme supplement everyday.
Herbs: There are lots of herbs that can be used as an effective natural remedy for hiatal hernia. Some of the herbs are fennel seeds, slippery elm, licorice root, black walnut and sheep sorrel. All these herbs help in digestion. These herbs can be taken in the form of supplement.
Lifestyle changes may help control the signs and symptoms of acid reflux caused by a hiatal hernia. Consider trying to:
- Eat several smaller meals throughout the day rather than a few large meals.
- Avoid foods that trigger heartburn, such as chocolate, onions, spicy foods, citrus fruits and tomato-based foods.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Limit the amount of fatty foods you eat.
- Sit up after you eat, rather than taking a nap or lying down.
- Eat at least three hours before bedtime.
- Lose weight if you're overweight or obese.
- Stop smoking.
- Elevate the head of your bed 6 inches (about 15 centimeters).
- Work to reduce the stress in your daily life.
Login to add comments on this post.