Whether blood pressure is high, low, or normal depends on several factors: the output from the heart, the resistance to blood flow of the blood vessels, the volume of blood, and blood distribution to the various organs. All of these factors in turn can be affected by the activities of the nervous system and certain hormones. Home remedies for high blood pressure can treat many symptoms to help regulate blood pressure naturally.
If blood pressure is elevated, the heart must work harder to pump an adequate amount of blood to all the tissues of the body. Ultimately, the condition often leads to kidney failure, heart failure, and stroke. In addition, high blood pressure is often associated with coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis, kidney disorders, obesity, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and adrenal tumors. There are many great home remedies for high blood pressure in this site.
The list of circulatory disorders is almost endless and includes heart disease, strokes, hypertension, and atherosclerosis, to name a few. These and other circulatory conditions are the number-one cause of death in this country, killing nearly one million Americans every year. You could be a victim of this silent killer, make it a habbit to use home remedies for high blood pressure to lower the risks. Causes of High Blood Pressure
Common causes of hypertension
- Narrowing of the arteries,
- More than normal volume of blood, or Heart beating faster or more forcefully than it should.
- Some medical problems, such as - chronic kidney disease, thyroid disease and sleep apnea.
- Some medicines, such as asthma medicines and cold-relief products.
- In some women, blood pressure can rises if they use birth control pills, become pregnant, or take hormone replacement therapy.
High Blood Pressure Remedies
Here are some home remedies for high blood pressure
- Make a drink by mixing garlic paste with buttermilk. Drink it daily.
- Every morning, have lemon juice with honey.
- Take 1-2 tsp of cumin powder (jeera) and fennel (saunf) seeds and add them to a glass of water. Drink this water twice a day.
- Do yoga and meditation for high blood pressure treatment. Do the pranayam “Anulom Vilom” which is the best breathing exercise to treat hypertension.
- In yoga, apart from other specifically prescribed postures, “Shavasan” is recommended for relaxing the body muscles and nerves for normal functioning. This is recommended for not only high blood pressure patients but also for other people doing yoga exercises to relieve their bodies of all kinds of exhaustion.
High Blood Pressure Diet
Changes in diet proved great for the patient of high blood pressure. One should depend on steam vegetables or enjoy them raw. Increase the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet. You can keep ice cold celery and carrots sticks in the refrigerator and use them as a quick snack. Try to take soy and other meatless products to replace hamburgers and similar fare. Avoidable Things
Unnecessary stress should be eliminated as it can give way to high blood pressure. Patient should cut down the intake of red meat and lot of fats. Spicy and fried food should be avoided.
Login to add comments on this post.