Hypertension or high blood pressure, as it is more commonly known, is regarded as a silent killer. It is a disease of the modern age. The fast pace of life and the mental and physical pressures caused by the increasingly industrialized and metropolitan environments have a role to play in the rise in blood pressure.
The heart is responsible for pumping blood through the arteries to the various organs and parts of the body. The pressure that is exerted on the walls of the arteries with the passage of blood is what is defined as blood pressure. Blood pressure is measured with an instrument called sphygnomanometer in millimetres of mercury.
The highest pressure reached during each heart beat is called systolic pressure, and the lowest between two beat is known as diastolic pressure. Most young adults have blood pressure around 120/80. It increases normally with age, even going upto 160/90.
Common Causes of High Blood Pressure
- Genetic factors
- Excessive alcohol
- Birth control pills
- Pain relievers
Treatment A high blood pressure treatment can come in a lot of different forms. Normally the best thing that you can do is follow a very healthy eating plan. It would also help you if you could maintain a healthy weight. If you are a smoker, then you should quit smoking right away. If you have a bad time with getting stress out, then you have to learn how to cope with your stress and not get so stressed out. That is just going to make everything worse. Sometimes your doctor will give you medication that you can use as well. This can help to control your blood pressure as well. Of course, this medication is only going to work if you follow the other things that we talked about as well.
Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- Hot foot or leg bath for 10 minutes and hot squeeze over the heart are the water treatments that have been proved beneficial. This is also effective high blood pressure treatment.
- Take equal proportions of onion juice and honey. Take 2 tablespoons of this mixture two times a day. This is an effective natural remedy to cure high blood pressure.
- Curry leaves are also usually used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Take 35-40 green curry leaves and boil in a glass of water. Keep it aside and allow it to cool. Drink this solution in empty stomach in early morning.
- Take fennel seeds, cumin seeds and sugar in equal quantity and make a powdered mixture.
- Then add one teaspoonful of this crushed mixture in a glassful of water and drink. Do this ne time in every morning and every evening. This will be helpful to people who have problem of hypertension.
- Gooseberry (amla) is as well used in the action of high blood pressure. Take 1-2 tablespoon of amla juice with honey in empty stomach early in the morning. It will help in lowering high blood pressure.
Login to add comments on this post.