Wrinkles are delicate creases caused by thin, sagging skin. These are especially visible on the face, neck and hands. Wrinkles appear when the collagen and elastin present in the connective tissue of the skin is weakened or decrease in number. Skin that has suffered such damage appears thinner, loses fat content, elasticity and smoothness.
Symptoms for wrinkled skin
Some of the symptoms of wrinkled skin are -
Lined and creased skin Sagging skin Areas that are more affected include sensitive skin near the eyes, lips and neck.
Though some creases are temporary, they may become deeper and more permanent due to ageing.
Wrinkles occur due to ageing process Though wrinkles are a part and parcel of the ageing process, premature wrinkles are a cause of concern for many. Some of the common causes of wrinkles on skin are -
Over exposure to sun - The damage caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun is known as photoageing.
Smoking - Smoking hastens the ageing process. The large amount of free radicals produced by cigarette smoke is one of the biggest culprits for premature wrinkles. Free radicals can play havoc with the skin, damaging it to an alarming extent.
Pollution - Environmental factors such as exposure to air pollutants, dust, chemicals and harsh lights can cause wrinkles on skin over a period of time.
Repeated motions such as squinting can cause wrinkles around the eyes. These are referred to as "crow's feet". Smiling and frowning can also cause laugh lines around the mouth or frown lines on the forehead.
Drug use Stress
Weight Loss - Rapid weight loss can cause wrinkles as the volume of the fat cells (which have a cushioning effect) are drastically reduced. This causes the skin to sag and crease.
Loss of Vitamin E - Depletion of this important vitamin can cause the skin quality to deteriorate.
Home Remedies for wrinkle on skin Here are some simple home remedies to deal with wrinkles on skin and prevent the formation of new ones.
Mix 1 teaspoon of raspberry juice with one teaspoon of orange juice. Add one teaspoon of olive oil, whipped egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of grind oatmeal. Wait for 20 minutes and smear on face. Wait until it gets dry and wash off with warm water. Grind an onion and Rub on face to loose the wrinkles. Mix 2 tablespoons of Vodka with 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds and half a teaspoon of honey. Boil and then refrigerate for 3 days. Apply on face with a cotton ball and wash off with warm water.
Apply egg whites to the skin under your eyes.
Odor-free castor oil can be applied to the skin under the eyes or on that of the throat.
Empty the contents of 3 Vitamin E capsules into a small bowl. Add to this 2 tsps plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the face using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse.
A mixture of 1/4 cup comfrey infusion, 1/4 cup witch hazel and 10 drops of patchouli essential oil is effective in treating wrinkles. This can be stored in a clean bottle and applied on affected areas with a cotton ball.
Gently massage coconut oil on portions of skin prone to wrinkles every night a bedtime.
A paste of turmeric made with sugarcane juice is great to get rid of wrinkles and slow skin ageing.
Cut a green Thompson seedless grape in half and gently crush it on your face on the wrinkles. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water and let it dry in natural air.
Rub the core of pineapple on the face and leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. This works well on fine wrinkles.
Applying juice of green pineapples and apples on the face daily for 10-15 minutes is good for fine wrinkles and cracked skin.
Application of pure castor oil regularly prevents wrinkles.
- Cucumber juice can be effective in alleviating age spot skin problems.
- Fresh Papaya juice can remove dead and rough skin, and apple and pineapple juices can help to diminish fine lines, wrinkles and cracked skin.
- Regular facial is very necessary to control wrinkles.
- Massage increases blood circulation, which results in tightening of the muscles and tissues, thereby, reducing the fleshiness of the skin and restoring a young look.
- Apply lemon juice few times a day to reduce the blemishes and age spots
- Prepare a paste of turmeric powder with sugarcane juice and apply to the face to remove wrinkles and to prevent skin ageing.
- Cut a Green Thompson seedless grape in half and gently crush it on your face at wrinkles (lines). Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water and let it dry in natural air. This is very effective home remedy for wrinkles and they will disappear shortly.
- Rub the core of pineapple on the face for a few minutes and leave for 10-15 minutes. This is excellent for fine wrinkles.
- Apply juice of green pineapples and apples the face daily and leave for 10-15 minutes. This is excellent for fine wrinkles and cracked skin.
- Apply pure castor oil to prevent wrinkles
- Applying a good quality cream with a firm pressure with the fleshy tips of fingers. Do not apply pressure around eyes. Continue massage for 15 minutes.
- For wrinkle treatment wipe off the face with wet cotton.
- For fast removal of wrinkles, massage with your all the fingers of both the hands rapidly with rapid circular motion.
- For wrinkles on jaw, pinch the skin between your thumb and fingers. Pinching is also good if you have double chin.
- Massage coconut oil into the skin where wrinkles appear before bed.
- Leave metal spoons overnight in the freezer. In the morning when you first wake up, apply the backs of spoons under the eye to reduce under-eye wrinkles. This also helps with under-eye circles.
- Eat a spoonful of shredded ginger with some honey every morning for wrinkle cure.
- Mix two tablespoons vodka, a tablespoon fennel seeds, and 2 teaspoons honey, and let sit for three days. Strain out the fennel seeds and use as a toner on the face.
- Remove wrinkles from the face by simmering 1/2-cup rosemary leaves in 2 cups of water for about 30 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of brandy and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Strain and wipe onto skin every morning and evening to preserve a face free of lines Wash face thoroughly and pat dry. This is also very effective home remedy for wrinkles
- Eat a balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, whole grain foods, seeds, nuts and legumes.
- Drink plenty of fluid every day. This help to keep the skin hydrated and to flush away toxins.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes; they dry the skin encouraging the development of wrinkles. Also the smoking habit uses the lips muscles hundreds of times a day, which contributes wrinkling.
- Always protect your skin from the sun applying a sunscreen
- Prick 3 capsules of vitamin E and drain into small bowl. Add 2 tsps plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice. Apply to face with cotton ball. Leave on skin for about 10 minutes. Rinse.
- For wrinkle cure apply egg yolk once in a week for 10 minutes.
Prepare a mixture of honey, olive oil and cream. Apply it on the face. It gives very good results.
The role of a balanced diet for a healthy, youthful looking skin cannot be undermined. A diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains paves the way for a wrinkle-free skin.
Flax seed oil is an excellent wrinkle cure agent. Take a tablespoon of flax seed oil 4 times a day. This may cause diarrhea, so make sure your body is used to taking flax seed oil.
Consume at least 4-6 liters of water everyday. This is the best way to hydrate and moisturize your skin from within.
Other suggestions for Wrinkles
More smiling, less squinting and frowning are ways to keep your face young, wrinkle-free and attractive.
Use natural moisturizing creams and lotions regularly. Light massage with cream or lotion every night can keep your skin soft and supple.
Use a good quality sunscreen lotion whenever you go out in the sun.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
Login to add comments on this post.