The major cause of bad breath is a build up of bacteria on the back of the language and on the under layers. This can be easily treated with a mixture of tools such as oral tongue cleaners and good oral cleaning regime. Do just some people get bad breath and does everyone? There are only a few main causes of halitosis. But, if you seriously want to remedies bad breath, you really need to know and understand what cause bad breath.
Symptoms of Bad Breath
This is a very common watching we see in halitosis sufferers. It is caused by the accumulation of bacteria and nasal mucous, and tends to be heaviest in the posterior regions of the tongue.
The removal of this film typically does not fully eliminate halitosis for most patients.
• A white or Yellow Film on the Tongue • Dry Mouth • Bitter, Sour, or Metallic Tastes • Post Nasal Drainage • White Nodules on the Tonsils • Brushing and Dental Flossing the Teeth Makes no Difference
Causes of Bad Breath
Bad Breath affects all people, at some point in their lives. However, halitosis only becomes a problem if it is for a prolonged period or if it is caused by other medical conditions. Transient bad breath is the term given to bad breath, which subsides after brushing one's teeth or rinsing the mouth with mouthwash. In this case, bad breath may be caused due to consumption of foods like garlic, cheese, fish, etc. Bad breath also occurs when an individual's mouth is dry due to fasting, stress or sleeping overnight.
Get Rid Of Bad Breath
- Whenever you're near someone focus on their body language: do they rub their noses, do they back away from you, do they cough, do they offer you mints? Two or more of these signals can be interpreted to show you have bad or chronic halitosis.
- Medications can often cause bad breath. Be very careful with medications as they can dry your mouth and cause chronic bad breath from day one. Ask your doctor if your medications can be substituted with exercise or other remedies.
- Ongoing dry mouth is a serious condition. Stop it with sugar free gum and drinking 2 litres of water per day. Curiously drinking water often gets ignored despite it being the best treatment for halitosis. Do not fall into that trap!
- Stress can cause instant dry mouth and dry mouth causes bad breath. Avoid stress when possible. Get the things that cause stress out of your life. For the stress you have to endure make sure you have your sugar free gum and water bottle with you. It may sound silly but consider yoga as it's a proven stress killer.
- Inadequate oral hygiene is an open invitation to halitosis, make sure you floss first then using only a soft bristle tooth brush your tongue then clean each tooth then scrape your tongue clean.
- Food that help bad breath are dairy especially cheese, all meats especially red meat. So avoid these foods and don't even touch cheese.
Login to add comments on this post.