Wrinkles are ridge or crease of a skin surface. Wrinkles are very thin, creased, and sagging skin that is especially noticeable on the face, neck, elbow and hands. Wrinkles can be controlled by some effective home remedies. In this article I will discuss causes, symptoms and home remedies to get rid of wrinkles.
Causes of Wrinkles
- Years of sun exposure cause the supporting structures of the skin, to weaken and break down.
- Exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, from sunlight is the main cause of premature skin aging.
- As a person ages, the sweat and oil glands of the skin become less numerous and small. This causes the skin to lose moisture.
- Aging is also one of the main causes of wrinkles.
- Cigarette smoke and pollution may hasten ageing by producing oxygen-free radicals.
- Rapid weight loss can also cause wrinkles by reducing the fat cells that cushion the face.
- Outdoor profession leads to early wrinkles due to sunlight
Symptoms of Wrinkles
- Deeply formed lines on face, neck, elbow and hands
- Wrinkled skin may also have a tough, leathery appearance if the person has had a lot of exposure to the sunlight.
- Fine, crinkling crosshatch marks on skin
Wrinkles Home Remedies
If you are looking for how to get rid of wrinkles you must be well familiar with the fact that there are no treatments or remedies for eliminating all the wrinkles you have. Home remedies can provide a wide range of benefits to you to limit the wrinkles and make your skin glowing for longer age. Few home remedies will help you to get rid of wrinkles are -
- Apply the paste of pineapple on the face and leave for 15 minutes. This is an excellent home remedies for fine wrinkles.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday. It helps in keeping the skin glowing and healthy.
- Turmeric powder with sugarcane juice is effective to get rid of wrinkles
- Eat green vegetables fruits, nuts, beans and tomatoes in your diet. These contain nutrients that are proven to make the skin look younger.
- Take dairy products and vitamin supplements in your diet
- meditation and Yoga is very useful to get rid of wrinkles. It controls the stress and detoxifies the skin.
- Don't take excess tea or coffee as they are not good for skin.
- Massage with coconut oil on the wrinkled skin is one of the good home remedies
- Avoid going out in direct sunlight as the ultraviolet rays of the sun cause premature wrinkles.
- Wear goggles, cap or cover yourself with umbrella in sunlight
- Wash your face every night before going to bed and applying good cream will prevent wrinkles.
- Use normal water for washing face instead of using warm water.
- Avoid or quit alcoholic beverages. Excessive alcohol consumption is very bad for the skin. Alcohol prevents the body from absorbing vitamins and minerals needed to keep the skin healthy and younger
- Regular homemade facial is very effective in controlling wrinkles. This is so because massage increases blood circulation and tightens the muscles and tissues with no side effect.
- Another effective home remedies for wrinkles is Green Thompson seedless grapes. Squeeze them and apply the paste to your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Login to add comments on this post.