How to Measure a Man's Finger for Ring Size
Get Sized at a Jeweler To ensure the most accurate ring size, visit your local jeweler for a professional sizing.
If You are Buying the Ring as a Surprise
- Borrow one of your partner's rings and slide it down a tapered candle. Measure the circumference of the candle where the ring stops.
- Use one of the charts below to determine the correct ring size.
- Ask your partner's mother or a close friend if they know the ring size.
Tips for Measuring a Man's Ring Size
- Don't measure cold fingers, as this is when fingers are the smallest.
- The best time to measure a finger is at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
- Take at least two measurements for accuracy.
- Use either a thin strip of paper, or a piece of string. Wrap it around the base of the finger you want to measure.
- With a pen, mark the point on the paper or string where it overlaps, forming a circle on the finger.
- Mesure the length of the paper or string from the starting point to the pen mark.
- Measure the length by using a flat ruler that measures either inches or milimeters.
- Milimeters are more accurate. Determine the ring size by using one of the ring size charts below.
Login to add comments on this post.