A local newspaper ran a competition asking for a rhyme with the most romantic first line... But the least romantic second line.
Here are some of the entries they received.
* My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "go to hell "
* Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.
* Oh loving beauty you float with grace
If only you could hide your face
* Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not
* I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off of your face
* I love your smile, your face, and your eyes -
Damn, I'm good at telling lies !
* I see your face when I am dreaming.
Login to add comments on this post.