What is High Blood Pressure: - Blood pressure is a measure of the force that the blood applies to the walls of the arteries as it flows through them. It's normal for blood pressure to increase when you exert yourself, or when you feel stressed or anxious.
But if your blood pressure is time after time higher than the healthy level when at rest, this is high blood pressure (hypertension). Your blood pressure is at its highest when the heart beats, pumping the blood. This is called systolic pressure. When the heart is at rest, between beats, your blood pressure falls. This is the diastolic pressure.
Blood pressure is characterized by nonstandard pressure levels in the arteries. The blood pressure in a healthy, normal person is 90/60mmhg. When the pressure is lower than the normal, it interferes with the well being of a person. When the pressure increases, it causes damage to the heart and sometimes proves fatal.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure: -
• Headaches - Headaches may be experienced due to elevation in blood pressure. Sometimes morning headaches can also be due to hypertension. • Dizziness - Dizziness is often experience by people with high blood pressure. However dizziness cannot always be treated as a symptom of hypertension.
• Heart pain • Palpitations • Difficulty in breathing • Blurred Vision • Frequent urination
High Blood Pressure Causes: -
• Hereditary • High cholesterol • Mental tension/stress/worries/fear/work pressure/competitive life • Lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle • Nutritional deficiencies: People whose diets are low in potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin D and vitamin C are at greater risk of hypertension. • Overweight, obesity • Smoking • Excessive consumption of alcohol.
What is High Cholesterol: - Too much cholesterol in the blood, or high blood cholesterol, can be serious. People with high blood cholesterol have a greater chance of getting heart disease. High blood cholesterol on its own does not cause symptoms; so many people are unaware that their cholesterol level is too high.
• Low density lipoproteins (LDL)-known as bad cholesterol. It causes build up of cholesterol and other fats in the blood vessels. High LDL levels can cause artery and heart disease. • High density lipoproteins (HDL)-known as good cholesterol. It can remove cholesterol and other fats from the blood vessels. High levels of HDL can protect against heart disease.
Symptoms of High Blood Cholesterol: -
• General fatigue • Excess sweating and feel of uneasiness • Pain and heaviness in chest area • Breathlessness
Causes High Cholesterol: -
Hypercholesterolemia, literally meaning high blood cholesterol, is the presence of high cholesterol levels in the blood. Advanced studies of its treatment with supplements like policosanol and of the side effects of policosanol, and of the effects of diet and cholesterol, of stress and cholesterol and of alcohol and cholesterol, have helped millions of patients over the world who is coping with this medical condition.
Login to add comments on this post.