Diabetes is a state in which a person has a high blood sugar (glucose) level as a result of the body either not producing sufficient insulin, or because body cells do not properly respond to the insulin that is produced. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas which enables body cells to take up glucose, to turn into energy. If the body cells do not attract the glucose, the glucose accumulates in the blood (hyperglycemia), leading to various probable medical complications.
Causes of Diabetes
Insulin is a hormone created by the pancreas to control blood sugar. Diabetes can be caused by too little insulin, conflict to insulin, or both.
Many Drugs such as steroids, Dilantin, and others may raise the blood sugar through a variety of mechanisms. Sure other drugs, such as alloxan, streptococci, and thiazide diuretics, are toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas and can cause diabetes.
To know diabetes, it is important to first recognize the normal process by which food is broken down and used by the body for energy. Several things occur when food is digest:
• A sugar called glucose enters the bloodstream. Glucose is a cause of fuel for the body. • An appendage called the pancreas makes insulin. The role of insulin is to move glucose from the bloodstream into muscle, fat, and liver cells, where it can be used as fuel. • And cardiovascular disease soon in life.
Symptoms of Diabetes
High blood levels of glucose can cause several problems, including:
• Blurry vision • Excessive thirst • Fatigue • Frequent urination • Hunger • Weight loss
However, because type 2 diabetes develops slowly, some people with high blood sugar experience no symptoms at all.
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:
• Fatigue • Increased thirst • Increased urination • Nausea • Vomiting • Weight loss in spite of increased appetite
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
• Blurred vision • Fatigue • Increased appetite • Increased thirst • Increased urination
Tips for Taking Control on Diabetes
• Skip fad diets and make healthier choices • Lose extra weight • Get plenty of fiber • Go for whole grains • Get more physical activity
Home Remedies for Diabetes
Fatness is one of the main causes of diabetes. Most people with Type 2 diabetes are 35 to 65 pounds overweight. For them only losing this unnecessary weight can control their Diabetes. weight building and weight training can play an important role in Diabetes control. Having more muscle and less fat reduces the insulin intake necessity.
• You should Taking a walk for about 45 minutes to 1 hour each day helps normalize body weight. • 10 to 40 minutes of Yoga each day would help to relieve stress, which is a causative factor for Type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment and Advice
• Lose weight • Eat fiber rich foods. • Do regular exercises and yoga • Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily • Do not take alcohol, soft drinks, and sugary desserts • Avoid bare foot walking • Test urine regularly
Login to add comments on this post.
- Guest 9 years ago
I have diabetes and was wondering if muscle and joint pain can be symptoms too? I can't walk much because I need to stop and rest every 5 minutes or so. I don't have shortness of breath, my thighs just start to hurt unbearably. This site's translation suggests there might be a connection or it can be arthritis which is characterized by inflammation of the joints.
It is all in German though. Please help me if you have information about this or know any site.