Nobody wants to associate with a person who has bad breath. It is common courtesy to keep your breath fresh at all times, regardless if you intend to talk to anybody or not, as bad breath is a big turn-off. People who suffer from it can have a hard time maintaining a social life.
Main Reason of Bed Breath: -
• Food: - Food that is stuck in the teeth allows the bacteria to grow and makes this a chronic problem if not tackled immediately. This problem is more with meat eaters than with those who are vegetarian only. The bacteria thrive on the meat that is left in the mouth, between the teeth after a meal.
• Smoking: - Smoking causes chronic bad breath from the smell of the tobacco and because it leaves your gums and teeth prone to gum disease which causes bad breath. In order to prevent the risk of mouth and gum disease and bad breath caused by smoking, it is recommended that you quit smoking.
• Oral Bacteria: - Oral bacteria is a number one cause of chronic bad breath and can be eliminated through regular brushing and flossing of your teeth and regular brushing or scraping of your tongue. Oral bacteria live in your mouth and seem to favor the tongue as one of their favorite hiding spots. You must dislodge food particles and plaque from your mouth so that bacteria cannot thrive in your mouth.
• Dry Mouth: - Saliva is necessary to provide lubrication the mouth to allow for proper chewing and swallowing. Saliva naturally cleanses the mouth and helps prevent cavities. If you are experiencing dry mouth, bad breath may occur because the food particles remain trapped in the mouth to rot and cause the unpleasant smell when you exhale.
Natural Treatment for Bed Breath: -
• One of the important remedy for bad breath is babul. Simply chewing on the fresh bark of the babul tree will make the teeth stronger and prevent any bad breath that is emanating from them. • Brush with baking soda to reduce the acidity in the mouth and make it difficult for the bacteria to grow. • Avoid mouthwashes with dyes and alcohol. Mouthwash containing cetylpyridinium chloride, chlorine dioxide, sodium chlorite or zinc may serve as an antibacterial agent, that can control the number of anaerobic bacteria in mouth. • Apple is also an important fruit to prevent bad breath. Chewing it after meal, will keep the mouth fresh, and takes out all the trapped foods lying between teeth. • Stop bad breath and gum bleeding by chewing unripe guava fruit or its tender leaves • Avoid eating foods with refined carbohydrates and sugars like cookies, sweets, cakes, carbonated soft drinks, ice creams and syrups. • Effective syrup for bad breath : Syrup of figs One teaspoon in hot water each night until the breath is sweet has much the same effect as sweet liquorices water from the Middle East . This is beneficial for the treatment of bad breath.
Login to add comments on this post.