Formation of stones in the kidney is a well known urological disorder that can affect the adults at any age. Stones in kidney are formed from various chemicals present in the urine like uric acid, oxalic acid, phosphorus, calcium etc. The size of a kidney stone varies in consistency from that of sand, gravel to that of a bird’s egg leading to a very painful condition. The stones start growing due to the higher concentration of chemicals in the urine that exceeds their solubility.
Kidney stones are usually calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate in composition, of which the formation of the latter is predominant followed by infections. Calcium is the main constituent in most of the kidney stones along with a mixture of ammonium, magnesium, phosphates and carbonates with a very little percentage of oxalates.
- Severe pain is felt in the side, groin and thighs as the stone tries to pass through the ureter into the bladder.
- Painful urination with scanty volume of urine.
- Presence of blood in the urine.
- Constant urge of urination.
- Feeling of nausea, vomiting including frequent chills.
- Metabolic disorders producing excess oxalates and amino acids in urine.
- Incomplete detoxification due to insufficient drinking of water.
- Excessive intake of acid forming foods and animal proteins.
- Inheritance of a disease called Hypercalciuria.
- People suffering from chronic inflammation of the bowel may also develop calcium oxalate stones.
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
In most of the cases, the kidney stones get dissolved and are flushed out of the body through different treatments and medications. Occasional surgical interventions are required to eliminate the stone. Home remedies are also effective in flushing out the stones from the body naturally.
Drinking tender coconut water several times throughout the day helps in dissolving the kidney stones.
Taking a teaspoon of basil juice and honey every morning continuously for six months helps in expelling the kidney stone.
Drinking plenty of water helps in increasing the volume of urine and decreasing the concentration of the chemicals in it.
Dairy products, leafy greens and other food items those are rich in calcium must be taken in small amounts.
Watermelon taken as a whole or in the form of juice is beneficial in this problem.
Boiling few figs in water and drinking it in the morning for one month is an effective home remedy for kidney stones.
Regular intake of celery leaves prevents the formation of stones and is beneficial for those who are prone to this disorder.
Grapes have high content of water and potassium salts and low concentration of albumin and sodium chloride, regular intake of which produces excellent results.
Login to add comments on this post.