Living with chronic pain has been a challenge, but often the pain associated with depression. In that case, the double burden heavy to bear. However, the combination of both common. The good news is that both sides are treatable; the depression can be addressed while allowing the pain by appropriate treatment can be relieved.
According to the American Pain Foundation in the United States alone 32 million people suffer more than one year of pain. A quarter to more than half of these people is depressed. The appellant 65% of people with depression also have pain. Pain may also be a factor that gives rise to a depression, accompanied by sleep disturbances, loss of appetite, and decreased physical activity. In this way, the pain more difficult to bear.
Pain for everyone inevitably raises emotions. Anxiety, agitation, irritability, etc., are normally when someone is in pain. If that persists, the symptoms worse.
More and more problems with depression can then emerge. These may include:
• Chronic anxiety • Confused thinking • Fatigue • Irascibility • Weight loss or gain
Neurotransmitters to overlap between chronic pain and depression
We stock a clear link between chronic pain and depression. Neurotransmitters are namely an overlap between them, these dives with both chronic pain and depression. These neurotransmitters are used for the transmission of signals.
Someone who is depressed will feel pain more easily. This is because he or she is simply more sensitive. He or she will also have less control over his own life. Simultaneous treatment of chronic pain and depression. Because chronic pain and depression in a person's life thoroughly, constitute a common treatment is indicated. The preparation can take many forms.
• Antidepressants may also help alleviate pain symptoms • Physical activity, the cycle of apathy and the increased sense of pain help overcome feelings • Cognitive therapy works not only in depression but also pain and can even reduce the need for medication
Generally there are five ways the combination of anxiety and depression with a reasonable chance of successfully treated. These different approaches can be used in varying proportions. Here are the five different methods of anxiety combined with depression treatment.
• Antidepressants. Despite the name, these drugs not only used to fight depression. Practice shows that many drugs to combat depression are also effective in fighting angstaanvalen and vice versa. It is important to find the right medication. Some antidepressants activate the body and are therefore the symptoms associated with anxiety increase.
• Therapy. Different ways of talking therapy can help, but the best way to combat both anxiety and depression, the cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT based on the English name). In summary, this therapy the patient's vision to help change the world.
• Fear fighters. Some antidepressants can help combat both disorders, but it may take a while before they operate. Pending the patient to combat anxiety and depression are taking other medications such as benzodiazepines.
• Other medications. Depending on how a person responds to a drug, might be considered to switch to another. Some people with anxiety and depression simultaneously benefit from drugs that mood flattening. Alternatively, patients with anxiety symptoms, sleeping pill the necessary rest.
• A change of lifestyle. A healthy and balanced lifestyle can help solve many problems. Eat healthy and get enough sleep that is the advice many doctors give patients who suffer from anxiety and depression. Rely too much (or even better not) on alcohol and illegal drugs and get enough exercise.
Login to add comments on this post.