To prevent early labor, you can avoid many things while you are pregnant. This first is to avoid smoking, this means you cannot smoke at all while pregnant and you cannot be around those that do as it will seriously increase your chances of preterm labor and other birth defects within your new baby.
You should also avoid caffeine, as much as possible as it provides a jolt of energy for the mom and an even bigger one for the baby. This can cause the baby to be hyperactive inside the womb and preterm labor can begin very quickly.
Spicy foods are another big one, you do not want to eat them very much while pregnant as some babies simply do not like them and it makes them very jittery and can onset false labor pains as well. Alcohol and drugs have to be mentioned.
While most moms would never even think of taking drugs or drinking while they were carrying their babies, there still are thousands of mothers that do everyday. This can lead to not only preterm babies, but it can also lead to the infant being very sick and even dependent on certain chemicals.
Signs And Symptoms Known As Warning Signals:
The signs and symptoms will be almost same as normal labor; in case of a preterm labor you may experience a low back pain with or without contractions
Some other signs which a woman can observe herself while the onset of a preterm labor are:
- Menstrual like cramps
- Low dull backache
- Abdominal cramps
- Feeling of pelvic pressure or heaviness in vagina
- Increase/change in vaginal discharge: bloody or mucoid
- Fluid leaking per vagina
Although these signals are not so specific pregnant should never avoid such symptoms as you should be given immediate care as soon as these symptoms are confirms as the warning signals of a preterm labor so you should visit the hospital as soon as you notice these!
General Prevention of a Preterm Labor
- Improve your lifestyle
- Be physically active
- You should have proper knowledge about the pregnancy i.e. should always take pre-pregnancy counseling
- Always go for a routine medical check up! Natural Prevention
Looking after yourself can help reduce your risk of having a premature baby you should avoid chewing tobacco, alcohol consumption, stop smoking.
Diet: you should be very strict about your diet. Follow a sugar-free diet to keep your blood sugar in control. If you are on insulin, get your blood sugar level checked at least three times a day.
Maintain your blood pressure: maintain your blood pressure by regularly visiting your doctor and keeping a record at home! This really helps!
- Limit sodium (salt) in your diet do not eat salt more than required as it increases the blood pressure.
- Don't smoke. Smoking has a serious side effect!
- Avoid high alcohol consumption
- Maintain an appropriate body weight because both high and log weight can cause preterm labor.
Lower the stress levels by nay of the below means -
- Breathing exercises
- Eat properly
- Popper exercise
- Improve your dietary habits have green vegetables, fresh fruits proper nutrition and a good balanced diet
Login to add comments on this post.