Veins, varicose veins are often affected by expanded in the legs and feet. For many people, varicose veins simply a cosmetic concern. For some others varicose veins can cause a lot of pain and discomfort. It can signal a higher risk of other circulatory problems. Reason for varicose veins; Veins are blood vessels that return deoxygenated blood from different parts of the body back to the heart and lungs. When veins become abnormally large, twisted and turned, they are called varicose veins. This usually occurs in the legs and thighs.
The exact cause of varicose vein is not known but some risk factors have been identified Contributory.
The risk factors are as follows:
- Valve problem that some believe is a matter of genetics.
- Abnormalities of the venous wall from birth. The result is a reverse flow of blood when they stand up and exercising.
- Age related - growth rate between the ages of 30 and 70.
- Obesity may trigger the condition.
- Pregnancies that result in increased progesterone, blood pressure and body are the pelvic area.
- Hormonal changes in pregnancy, pre and post menopause.
- Occupations that require prolonged sitting or standing room.
There are many vulnerable women affected than men. Age is a risk factor for the condition appears between the ages of 30 and 70. Obesity is a risk factor.
Varicose veins can not be prevented, but the onset and progression of the condition can be slowed by following certain measures. * Do not cross your legs while seated. * Do not sit or stand in a long time. * Keeping a healthy weight. * Do not wear tight clothing that might constrict the blood supply below the waist. * Reduce salt to reduce water retention. * Using elastic support stockings
There is a different way in which varicose veins can be treated. Exercises to prevent varicose veins
Varicose veins are the bane of many men and women. One answer for this exercise is especially lower leg to stimulate circulation and muscular calves.
But many refrain from implementing this will worsen their problems. Here are just some legs exercises will help relieve pain varicose veins and associated with them.
Exercise to prevent varicose veins: Calf long: Stand on the balls of the feet, on the edge of a step or something growing up. Raise and lower your heels as far as they will go. Do 40 reps of stretching the calf muscles.
Pedaling: Lying back on the floor with his support of your hands. Improve your foot and bicycle, as if riding a bicycle.
Tip-toes: Walking around the house on tip-toes to stretch the muscles.
Heel-walk: Walking around the house on the heel.
Stirrups: Lie flat on your back on the floor. Raising alternate legs straight out, and keeps them in the air for as long as you can improve circulation in the legs.
Bent-knee: Lie flat on the floor on your back with legs extended. Pull one leg up, knee toward your chest. Keep knees and feet behind your tiptoed. Repeat with other leg and replace a number of repetitions. This exercise habits entire leg.
After performing any exercises which have long legs walking or standing, it should be kept on foot on the heart for about 10 minutes or longer. This posture reduces the risk of varicose veins.
Login to add comments on this post.
- Guest 9 years agoThis is a great post about preventing varicose veins. I just wanted to add that if one already has varicose veins that they are easy to treat with laser treatment for varicose veins.