A good balanced diet of natural products is one of the keys that will help you to overcome some problems with male fertility. If you find it difficult to get a reliable source of fresh fruit and vegetables you could always try supplements in your diet that have been trialed and tested and show trustworthy results to clinical trials.
There is a male fertility supplement suitable for you that can help increase semen volume and also help increase sperm count and motility. It must also be remembered that these are not miracle workers and need to be taken or used regularly for effective results to occur.
Go to the list below to find a comprehensive explanation of the most used herbs and supplements found in male fertility supplements.
1. Arginine Arginine has been investigated for its effects on sperm count and activity of the sperm. L-arginine may improve sperm count and motility. There are two sources of arginine, arginine in the food chain and free-form arginine from supplements. Food-source arginine is found in abundance in turkey, chicken and other meats. Nonfood-source arginine is called L-arginine and is created through a fermentation process which separates arginine from all other proteins. Free and bound arginine is found in abundance in human male sperm and arginine has been found to stimulate sperm motility.
2. Carnitine A naturally occurring amino acid Carnitine is concentrated in sperm and is required for normal sperm function. Many athletes have noted increased endurance and muscle building with Carnitine supplementation.
3. Coenzyme Q10 A substance that assists in the oxidation of nutrients within cells to create energy. It helps the male reproductive system by an increase in semen volume and motility.
4. Ginseng A forked aromatic root found in Asia. Ginseng has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to increase semen volume and to increase male fertility.
5. Omega fatty acids A class of fatty acids that are found in any of several polyunsaturated fatty acids found in leafy green vegetables, vegetable oils, and fish such as salmon and mackerel. As well omega-6 fatty acids found in evening primrose and starflower oils are a recommended male fertility supplement.
6. Pumpkin seeds A great male fertility supplement, as they contain high levels of zinc and essential fatty acids which are helpful treatment for male fertility.
7. Selenium Selenium can helpful as a treatment for male fertility. It is one of the elements needed in trace amounts in the animal and human diet. Fish, meat, poultry, whole grains, and dairy products are good sources of this mineral nutrient.
8. Zinc A lack of zinc is believed to be associated with a lack of sperm in the semen. Keeping your zinc levels up helps to increase semen volume, maintain adequate testosterone levels which helps keep sperm healthy.
Eat Sensibly Remember to eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit, whole grains, fish, poultry, legumes, nuts, brown rice and seeds. The first step in any treatment is a well balanced diet and this will increase the chance of a positive male sperm test.
Avoid junk food, processed food and food with high saturated fat as well as limiting your intake of soda or fizzy drinks as these can be very harmful to the bodies balance and well being. Drink plenty of water to flush out any toxins in the body. However the inability to conceive may not be a male problem it could be a female infertility problem.
Login to add comments on this post.