Some Interesting Facts About Pune
- Pune has the impeccable record of highest growth within a span of 20 Years.
- Pune has highest number of pubs in Asia.
- Pune has highest number of cigarette smokers in India.
- Pune has the highest number of software companies in India - 212, followed by Bangalore - 208, Hydrabad - 97.
- Pune has 21 engineering colleges, which is highest in the world in a given city. Pune University has 57 Engineering colleges affiliated to it, which is highest in the world.
- Pune is the only city in the world to have commercial and defense Airport operating from the same strip.
- Pune has highest number of public sector and government Organizations in India.
- Pune University has highest number of students going abroad for higher studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur. Pune University degree is recognized on Par by Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
- Pune has only 38% of local population (i.e.Marathi). Hence a true cosmopolitan with around 20% North Indians,10% Tamilians, 14% Telugus, 10% Keralites, 8% Europeans (Koregaon Park), 5% Africans, 2% Bengalis and 6% a mixture of all races.
- Pune police has the reputation of being second best in India after Bombay.
- Pune has the highest density of traffic in India.
- Pune has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world.
- Pune is considered the fashion capital of east.
- Pune has produced the maximum international sportsmen in India for all sports next to Mumbai & Delhi.
- Pune has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for many high profile Prize nominations.
- Pune has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost 60% of the Indian population abroad is from Pune (except Gulf).
- Pune is famous for three things: Software Professionals, Girls and Dogs
- India's National Defence Academy (NDA) is located in Khadakvasla-Pune.
Login to add comments on this post.