Vaginal discharge is a fluid or semisolid substance that flows out of the vaginal opening. Most women have vaginal discharge to some extent, and a small amount of vaginal discharge is a reflection of the body's normal cleansing process. The amount and type of vaginal discharge also varies among women and with the woman's menstrual cycle.
The amount of mucus produced by the cervical glands varies throughout the menstrual cycle. This is normal and depends on the amount of estrogen circulating in your body. It is also normal for the walls of the vagina to release some secretions. The amount depends on hormone levels in the body.
Help to prevent vaginal discharge:
- Keep your genital area clean and dry.
- Avoid douching. Many women suffer cleaner if they douche after menstruation or intercourse, it may actually worsen vaginal discharge because it take away healthy bacteria lining the vagina that are there to protect you from infection.
- Use an over-the-counter cream or vaginal suppository, IF you know that you have a yeast infection.
- Try to reduce stress.
- Eat yogurt with live cultures or take Lactobacillus acidophilus tablets when on antibiotics to avoid a yeast infection.
- Use condoms to avoid catching or spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
- Keep your blood sugars under good control if you have diabetes.
Vaginal discharge and odor is a big problem for a lot of women. If you have vaginal odor, then you know how it feels. All you want to do is hiding away from the world. You want this odor to go away so life can return to normal and so you can become confident once again. You need a vaginal discharge treatment so you can get rid of this discharge and odor today.
A great way to cure vaginal odor at home is to use a mixture of vinegar and water. Use this mixture to douche the vagina. This will help to get rid of the odor that is inside of your body. It will flush the bacteria right out of you and you will finally get some relief.
Another vaginal discharge treatment is to use garlic. Inserting a clove of garlic into the vagina can actually work wonders for your body. It is a great way to get the relief that you have been searching for. It helps to kill the bacteria in the vagina and helps to restore the pH back to normal, so this odor will disappear.
Login to add comments on this post.