Produced from the plant Camellia sinensis, it is basically a gift from China to the world. India has now turned to be the most popular factory in refining the flavor of tea, and accounts for its maximum export. Scientists say that you need to sip tea at least three times a day for enjoying its benefits, which includes good blood circulation, prevention of cardiovascular diseases, lowering your blood cholesterol, minimizing the risks of cancer, and boosting the immunity system. It is basically rich in anti-oxidants which accounts for longevity too.
But other than such familiar effects, did you know that tea is highly effective on hair as well? Are you suffering from hair loss and brittle hair? Well, the- tea is probably the answer you are looking for!
Hair loss occurs for a number of reasons like:
- Stress, anxiety and worries.
- Prolonged illnesses like typhoid, jaundice and malaria,
- Hormonal imbalance,
- Pregnancy, and
But the two main factors which cause hair loss the most are DHT factor and loss of blood circulation to your hair follicles. Green tea can be the solution to these two problems, and if you were wondering how, here is your answer: How can Green Tea combat against DHT factor?
Before we delved deeper into science, it would help to know what DHT factor stands for. It is an acronym for DiHydro Testosterone, which is produced by a particular enzyme (called 5Aplpha) in the body along with testosterone. This DHT then attaches itself to the hair follicles thus shrinking the size of the latter. This is sometimes aggravated by genetic reasons as well, which is why hair loss is also depended on your genetic history.
- The only solution here to reduce the effects of DHT is to block it. There are some drugs in the market like Propecia that can lessen the amount of 5 Aplha in your body, but the side effects include lower libido, less semen production etc. However, green tea seems to be a natural when it comes to blocking DHT, and this all natural goalie will do so, without embarrassing you in bed. How does it work?
- Since green tea is a very powerful anti-oxidant, it reduces DHT and Cholesterol in your body. It is a herbal process of fighting against the 5Alpha, thus minimizing the effects of hair follicle reduction. Since it fights against age too, it works like a marvel in strengthening hair strands.
So how does green tea promote blood circulation.
Green tea contains a certain molecule called catechin in oodles. This is helpful in acting as an anti-biotic and anti-carcinogenic. Moreover, catechin also helps in stimulating hair growth. so green tea may aid cardiovascular activity and micro capillary circulation to hair follicles.
So how can you use Green Tea to reduce Hair loss?
There are three main ways that you can follow to gain the maximum benefits of green tea:
- Drink tea daily. You may even take tea capsules, but it is best to drink it. This will relax your blood vessels, thus supporting proper blood circulation which will enrich your hair follicles with more nutrition.
- Massage your scalp with your fingers in a circular motion by adding the right amount of pressure. When you use any product for scalp massage, make sure it involves tea as the main ingredient.
- Use shampoos containing green tea. You can even use plain tea leaves while washing your hair to cleanse your scalp perfectly. Often dirty scalps are the reason for hair loss and scalp infections.
This is a process that should last for at least 6 to 12 months if you want a long lasting effect. Moreover, even if you can’t be bothered about hair loss for being naturally endowed with great bountiful hair, you can nourish it every day with the natural moisturizer- green tea.
- How to prepare green tea?
- Heat water in a kettle or pot to a temperature of 80° to 90° C, or between 140° - 185° F
- Pour your water over the tea leaves.
- Allow the tea 2-3 minutes to infuse.
- Remove your tea leaves, and enjoy your cup of Green Tea
Do not use sugar and milk for making green tea. If you feel the tea is bitter, then you can add some sugar substitute.
The most important thing is that you must sip the tea slowly to get the complete benefits from it. Do not drink it very fast. Drink three times a day and stay fit.
Login to add comments on this post.