Rarely have we studied in school (how our memory), every time they tell you in school to memorize volumes of data, can you explain how you do it?
One of the gravest mistakes we can make the teachers is not to delve into issues related to the functioning of our memory, as well as ways to use it effectively.
Over time, we accept as a fact of destiny and we can not control it as if it were inevitable, that we will gradually lost over the years.
The experience of more than three decades of testing the memory is recounted in detail by specialists from the International Centre for the proper use of memory NILVEM, experts in the field tell us that memory can be improved dramatically. Although ideally experiences like this are carried out from primary to university level, with the aim of teaching children and adults to use your memory efficiency.
This experience teaches us three core truths:
• Can be understood. • Can be improved. • Can be trained.
I do not intend to summarize here a complete course to improve memory, but what follows are some recommendations that can be taken to improve memory.
- Convince yourself that you do not have a bad memory , if not an untrained memory. While think you have a bad memory, I will schedule to do nothing, because they act as if there are no remedy. Ensure yourself that your memory can be improved.
- Remember best what we live, what impacts us emotionally and sensually. To improve our memory, we have to live intensely what we remember. That is, linking what we remember all the emotions and feelings that we associate.
- In order to remember better, we need reason and care. Do not remember what was said in a class if we were bored, thinking about shrews or looking out the window. It is true that, often, the text we read is dry, or the style of the teacher is very motivating, but it is important to us, we must find the motivation to remember and stay on track toward our goal.
- Since we can not remember everything, we must choose what we can not be forgotten. The memory has two faces, the memory, of course, but also forgotten. No one remembers everything, if you try, not going to achieve, and you forget some things. The solution is to decide yourself what is most important and reduce, through summaries and study methods, the amount of information to memorize.
- Remember best what makes sense. Our brain naturally seeks meaning in things, and when it recognizes a pattern in what you are watching or studying, that information is best recorded. Therefore, among other things, the bottle is a bad method, because it ignores the meaning and understanding of material and relies on repeat many times without a true understanding.
- We find it better to work on a topic for short periods, separated, to be a long time without stopping on it. Although the amount of time is the same, consistency is better, so that study time should be divided, dosed, so that the assimilation of the material be optimal.
- Rest is essential. It is proven that a person who gets adequate rest, especially when facing a big test, studied best remembered as one who sacrifices the rest and still studying nonstop.
- The organization is superior to force. Military techniques, there are hundreds of examples of a smaller force, but better organized, can defeat an army superior in numbers and weapons, but disorganized. The information, when organized properly, it is much easier to understand and remember.
- Repetition is useful, but only when used correctly. Trying to remember everything, as we said before, is useless. Repeat all studied, will be too. You have to select the data, keywords, subjects to repeat and then repeat will be of service.
Login to add comments on this post.