Anxiety and nervousness are overwhelming to the body when knowledgeable over a prolonged period of time. Stress reduce oxygen levels in the blood, which reduces organ function. Enough stress could gravely hinder your health. If you want to do something about your anxiety, you don't have to take prescription medications to help solve the problem. There are some vitamins you can take to help ease your anxiety. Follow this guide if you would like a more natural approach for your anxiety cure.
• Vitamin B3: - This vitamin can also contribute to reduce elevated stress levels. People suffering from panic attacks are often asked to have vitamin B3 (niacin) supplements, as it provides a calming effect. This is one of the best vitamins for anxiety that can help to improve these mental disturbances. Taking appropriate doses of vitamin B3 daily can help to bring down anxiety levels considerably in a couple of weeks.
• Vitamin C: - To overcome the cycle of anxiety and stress, use of vitamin C supplements that are available in the form of capsules can help in this regard. Intake of vitamin C rich foods or supplements ensures that adrenal glands works properly, which helps to cope with anxiety.
• Vitamin B6: - Why to include vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) in the diet? Vitamin B6 helps the brain to produce certain chemicals, known as neurotransmitters, which help to manage anxiety effectively. Vitamin B6 foods such as sweet potatoes and bananas also act as immune system boosters.
• Vitamin B12: - This is a water soluble vitamin that ensures healthy functioning of the brain and the nervous system. Hence, its deficiency can have a negative impact on the nervous system. This may lead to nervous system disorders and cause anxiety and depression. That is why; vitamin B12 supplements or foods are regarded as natural anxiety remedy.
• Vitamin B1: - Intake of B vitamin supplements or its natural resources can play a crucial role to alleviate anxiety disorders. Vitamin B1 (thiamine) deficiency can trigger mental disorders like anxiety and agitation. Taking vitamin B1 supplement daily (50 mg or as prescribed by the doctor) can help to improve symptoms of anxiety substantially. Vitamin B1 not only helps to reduce anxiety but also improves memory. Vegetables like asparagus as well as fish like salmon are some excellent sources of vitamin B1.
• Vitamin D: - Although B vitamins come in the list of best vitamins for anxiety and stress, contribution of vitamin D to decrease anxiety cannot be overlooked. Deficiency in vitamin D is often related to panic attacks. Emotional issues such as anxiety and restlessness are often found in those deficient in vitamin D. Having vitamin D foods or its supplements can positively affect the levels of anxiety and depression.
From the mineral world of nature we present:
• Calcium does more than build healthy bones. Calcium can help alleviate tension, irritability, and promote relaxation, and, as such, it is a natural tranquilizer.
• Pair calcium with magnesium. Magnesium helps relieve anxiety, tension, nervousness, muscular spasms, and is necessary for proper nerve functioning. Magnesium is best taken in combination with calcium.
• Discover what zinc has to offer. Zinc can have a calming effect on the central nervous system and helps promote mental alertness. In addition, zinc aids in proper brain function.
• But wait, we have one more nutrient to add to your list of vitamins and herbs for anxiety information. Its name is inositol.
• Who is inositol? Inostiol is actually considered part of the B complex family and has been used to help people with anxiety that have panic attacks. In addition, it is used in connection with obsessive compulsive disorder and depression.
Login to add comments on this post.
- Guest 8 years agoYou can get the required dose of vitamin D from sun exposure. But too much of it is not good – it can lead to skin cancer. If you want to be in the sun and use a lot of sun block, you might not get the required dosage. Some foods are rich in vitamin D. There are supplements (powders and pills, etc.) also available that can give you the required dosage, thus helping you avoid symptoms like depression.