Eyes, our window to the world and mirror to our thoughts is the most strained in the days work. With the advent of technology we spend almost whole day looking at our computer screens or glued to the TV. These two and many other sources put excess pressure on the eyes. Excess pressure on the eyes leads to dark circles, eye burn, eye infection etc but one of the most common problem is weak eyesight. Weak eye sight is usually the result of heat and weakness of the brain. Here are few natural tips to cure weak eyesight –
- Every morning after waking up, fill your mouth with water, close the eyes and sprinkle water on them about 10-15 times. Be sure, as Ayurveda advises, to wake up before sunrise. Do not use hot water to wash the eyes
- Do not wash the eyes or face when the body is sweating, especially after hard physical exercise or after being exposed to heat and sun.
- Eating cabbage and carrots is very beneficial for the eyes. These should be eaten raw. It is all right to drink cabbage and carrot juice mixed together or separately.
- Staying up late in the night and sleeping after sunrise is harmful for the eyes. In case of staying up late, drink a cup of water after each hour or half hour
- Protect your eyes from dust, smoke, strong sunlight and strong wind. Avoid staying long in such conditions. In case you have to stay, blink often and massage the closed eyes gently with your palms
- Try to maintain regular and clean bowel movements. Constipation weakens the eyesight. In addition; too much anxiety, mental stress, grief, anger and worry are harmful for the eyes.
- Amla a very common herb to improve the eye sight.
- Increase fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Vitamin A is directly responsible for the strength and power of the eyes. Hence, foods that are rich in vitamin A must be taken.
- The triphala lotion is generally prescribed in case of eye problems.
- Drink four to five liters of water daily.
- Regular eye exercise maintains perfect eyesight. One simple method of exercise is moving the eyeball - right and left; upwards and downwards and rotating it in the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
Login to add comments on this post.