Healthy, smooth and silky hairs are something that everybody wishes to have. But due to improper hair care, environmental pollution and stressful life it has really become a dream today. One should know the proper cause of his or her hair loss to cure the hair loss problem from the root.
Hair Loss Causes
• Hormonal problems are one of the main causes of hair loss. If your thyroid gland is under active or overactive, you will suffer the problem of hair loss. This hair loss generally can be cured by treatment of the thyroid disorder. Hair loss may occur if androgens (male hormones) or estrogens (female hormones) are out of balance. Clinical treatment of hormone imbalance may stop your hair loss.
• Pregnant women also notice hair loss problems within a period of about 3 months after delivery. During pregnancy, high levels of particular hormones cause the body to keep hair that would normally fall out. When the hormones return to pre-pregnancy levels, that hair falls out and the normal growth and loss cycle starts again.
• Some fungal infections also cause hair loss. Generally, children may have hair loss problems caused by a fungal infection of the scalp. This type of fungal infection can be easily treated with antifungal medicines.
• Certain medicines (mainly sulphur drugs) can cause hair loss. This type of hair loss problem improves when you stop taking the medicine. Medicines that can cause hair loss include anticoagulants (also known as blood thinners), medicines utilized in chemotherapy to treat cancer, medicines used for gout, vitamin A (if too much is taken), birth control pills, and antidepressants.
• If you have undergone a major operation or have suffered a prolong illness you can face the problem of hair loss. However, this hair loss is related to the stress of the illness and is temporary.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Login to add comments on this post.