WHY ARE INDIANS EASY TO IDENTIFY...??? Cool one...
We are like this only so true,very true.............
- Everything you eat is savored in garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2.. You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminum foil.
You are always standing next to the two largest size suitcases at the Airport.
You arrive one or two hours late to a party - and think it's normal.
You peel the stamps off letters that the Postal Service missed to stamp.
You recycle Wedding Gifts, Birthday Gifts and Anniversary Gifts.
You name your children in rhythms (example, Sita & Gita, Ram & Shyam, Kamini & Shamini..)
All your children have pet names, which sound nowhere, close to their real names.
You take Indian snacks anywhere it says 'No Food Allowed.'
You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.
You load up the family car with as many people as possible.
HIGH PRIORITY * You use plastic to cover anything new in your house whether it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or new couch. *
Your parents tell you not to care what your friends think, but they won't let you do certain things because of what the other 'Uncles and Aunties' will think.
You buy and display crockery, which is never used, as it is for special occasions, which never happen.
You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.
16.. You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
You keep leftover food in your fridge in as many numbers of bowls as possible.
Your kitchen shelf is full of jars, varieties of bowls and plastic utensils (got free with purchase of other stuff)
You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel (and travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes).
You own a rice cooker or a pressure cooker.
You fight over who pays the dinner bill.
You live with your parents and you are 40 years old. (And they prefer it that way).
You don't use measuring cups when cooking.
You never learnt how to stand in a queue.
You can only travel if there are 5 persons at least to see you off or receive you whether you are traveling by bus, train or plane.
If she is NOT your daughter, you always take interest in knowing whose daughter has run with whose son and feel proud to spread it at the velocity of more than the speed of light.
You only make long distance calls after 11p.m.
If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.
You call an older person you never met before Uncle or Aunty.
When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you're talking to a distant cousin.
Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs when making foreign calls.
You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them from getting dirty.
Its embarrassing if you're wedding has less than 600 people.
All your Tupperware is stained with food color.
You have drinking glasses made of steel.
You have mastered the art of bargaining in shopping.
You have really enjoyed reading this mail - forward it to as many Indians as possible.
Login to add comments on this post.
- Guest 8 years ago
North Indian Girl Vs South Indian Girl
WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A North Indian GIRL as WIFE*
- At the time of marriage, a north Indian girl has more boyfriends than her age.
- Before marriage, she looks almost like a bollywood heroine and after marriage you have to go around her twice to completely hug her.
- By the time she professes her undevoted love to you, you are bankrupt because of the number of times you had to take her out to movie theatres and restaurants. And you wait longingly for her dowry.
- The only dishes she can think of to cook is paneer butter masala, aloo sabji, aloo gobi sabji, aloo matar, aloo paneer, that after eating all those paneer and aloos you are either in the bed with chronic cholestrol or chronic gas disorder.
- The only growth that you see later in your career is the rise in your monthly phone bill.
- You are blinded by her love that you think that she is a blonde. Only later do you come to know that it is because of the mehndi that she applies to cover her gray hair.
- When you come home from office she is very busy watching "Kyonki saas bhi kabi bahu thi" that you either end up eating outside or
- You are a very "ESpecial" person to her.
- She always thought that Madras is a state and covers the whole of south india until she met you.
- When she says she is going to "work out" she means she is going to "! walk out"
- She has greater number of relatives than the number of people you have in your home town.
- The only two sentences in English that she knows are "Thank you" and "How are you"
- She thinks Govinda can dance better than Michael Jackson.
WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A South Indian GIRL as WIFE*
1.Her mother looks down at you because you didn't study in IIT or Madras / Anna University . 2. Her father starts or ends every conversation with " ... I say..." 3. She shudders if you use four letter words. 4. She has long hair, neatly oiled and braided (The Dubai based Oil Well Company will negotiate with her on a 25 year contract to extract coconutoil from her hair.) 5. She uses the word 'Super' as her only superlative. 6. Her name is another name for a Goddess or a flower. 7. He! r first name is longer than your first name, middle name and surname combined (unless you are from Andhra) 8. When she mixes milk/curd and rice you are never sure whether it is for the Dog or for herself. 9. For weddings, she sports a mini jasmine garden on her head and wears silk saris in the Madras heat without lookin! g too uncomfortable while you are melting in your singlet. 10. She thinks indian heroes as the sexiest . 11. Her favourite cricketer is xxxxxxxx. 12. Her favourite food is dosa though she has tried North Indian snacks like Chats (pronounced like the slang for 'conversation') 13. She bursts into songs with her cousins in every movie. 14. She bores you by telling you which raaga each song you hear is based on. 15. You have to give her jewellery, though she has already got plenty of it ...... 16. Her thali (Mangal Sutra) weighs more than the championship belts worn by WWF wrestlers. 17. She is more educated than you. 18. Her father thinks she is much smarter than you..